Blog Archive

Friday 18 March 2011

Evaluation Task 2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?



All of the shots from my trailer, pictures of my poster and magazine link together; you can tell that they are all from the same film.

The title from my trailer is very recognizable and has a similar font to my poster. Also the element of blood and red link the two together. My poster also links with the frame from my trailer of Tom with blood round his mouth; both images have the element of violence and bloodshed in them.
My magazine image is of Tom raising a meat clever above his head; this links with the frame from my trailer where Tom is dragging the knife along the wall as both images are threatening and aggressive and have weapons in them. These images are consistent in identifying Tom as the main antagonist of the film, they also put him in a position of power, something I have constantly tried to get across the audience.
Tom has the same aggressive expression on his face on my magazine cover and on the 'bloody mouth' shot from my trailer, both shots are serious and his eyes stare directly into the camera in each photo.
The last film clip where Tom is dragging Jade away links with the three other images of himself (Magazine cover and the 2 film shots). This is because all of the photos show Tom as aggressive and in power; 2 of the images give him control because of the weapons, the other image shows him as aggressive and he has clearly wounded someone because of the blood round his mouth so this emphasises his power over others and the image of Tom dragging Jade away is self explanatory; all he needs is his strength to have her under his control.
My main product and ancillary texts are an effective combination; nothing looks out of place and all the images link together because I have thought carefully about each task I have been set and I made sure that the image of my film was consistent in each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment