Blog Archive

Thursday 24 February 2011

Audience Feedback From My Trailer



Here is my completed trailer. I now had to get some audience feedback from my target age group to see what they thought. I did a viewing of my trailer with 12 people, 7 boys and 6 girls aged 18 - 20. I gave 3 viewings of my trailer and then asked everyone to complete some questionnaire sheets that I had prepared. They were to rate 8 different categories that I had chosen out of 10; 10 being the best and 1 being the worst. Obviously I could not do a graph for each person so I got the mean average from each category and put them into a graph:



I am quite pleased with the feedback I got, I am sure that most of it is reliable because I made the questionnaire sheets anonymous and I did not know all the people who viewed my trailer so they would not be biased to give me higher scores than I deserved; this is why I did not let any of my close friends take part in this viewing.
The lowest average marks I got were for Costumes, Realistic and Scary. I gave my audience a few lines to write why they gave certain scores to certain categories. For Costumes, most people said that they gave a lower score because costumes were not really an issue in this trailer, others said it would have been good and more realistic to tear some of Tom's clothes and add blood spatters. This point ties in with the next category that got lower scores; Realistic. Many people in my target audience said that it was because of my amateur equipment and resources that it was less realistic, but if it had been a real film then they would definitely go and see it. Others said it was less realistic because they knew the two actors in the trailer and they knew it was my house where I was filming. Other than those three categories I am pleased with my audience feedback; it is always important to take on constructive criticism even if you are fixed on an idea and are convinced it is going to look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment