Blog Archive

Saturday 19 February 2011

Analysis of Filming - Part 3

This weekend I shot the last part of my trailer. I had also decided to change the ending of my trailer as I felt that the original clip was too long and it didn't look very realistic:



I wanted to include both Jade and Tom at the end of the trailer as they are both at the beginning too. Also I thought that if I blacked out the film as the lighter went out and included a scream, it would seem comical even though it is implied violence. Therefore I came up with another idea; Jade would walk into a well lit room and Tom would then drag her away into a dark room behind him. I feel that this is implied violence that does not look too comical. Unfortunately after I edited this video into my trailer sequence, the original became corrupted for some reason so I cannot show it here. The trimmed down version can be found on my full trailer.

I also added in two extra clips before this alternate ending as I felt that the trailer would be too short without them. I decided to have a clip of Jade holding a lighter up to the window and looking out of it and after that a clip of Tom running towards the window. These two extra clips also imply violence and are similar to my original ideas, but I have just modified them slightly:





I could not use a tripod for either of these videos as they were both done at eye level and my tripod did not go that high.

Editing -
Once again, I edited all these clips using Corel Video Studio. I used the same skills that I had learnt before; trimming down clips and adding blackouts:
I trimmed down the 'Lighter' clip so it wasn't too long and added a blackout when the flame went out.
I also cut the clip of Tom running towards the window so that he didn't slam against it as the picture was unclear.

I also added in my title: VIRUS and the other caption: Coming This Fall. I decided to make the background for my main title red as it gives the theme of bloodshed; especially as Jade has just been dragged away by Tom. Getting the red background was easy enough, all I had to do was change the colour like so:



I also decided to revert back to black for the next caption: 'Coming This Fall' as it is a stark change so the audience will pay attention to when my film is being released and also because having this caption with a red background would be slightly irrelevant as it is only giving information and the trailer has already ended.

Adding my Soundtrack -

Adding my soundtrack to my trailer was relatively easy:

Insert media file into the timeline > Audio > To music track


Choosing the file from my computer


The music was now in line with my trailer but it was too long....


....Therefore I cut it using the down where my trailer ended....


But I did not want my music to come to a sudden stop so I decided to fade it out by right clicking the music track and choosing the option 'Fade out'

No comments:

Post a Comment