Blog Archive

Wednesday 13 October 2010

A2 Coursework Tasks

I am now in my final year of my A Level Media Studies course and I have been set three tasks for my coursework.

1. Make a Teaser Trailer for a film:
This will be completely new to me as I have never done any film editing or shot serious videos for the purpose of school work. Hopefully I will gain the skills I need so that I can do this task to the best of my ability. (40 marks)

2. Make a Poster for a film:
The poster I have to make must advertise my teaser trailer; it has to be the same film. I am likely to complete this task using PhotoShop or In Design; I am familiar with both programs as I used them last year for my music and school magazines. However it is important that I develop my skills further as a lot more will be expected from my work this year. (10 marks)

3. Make a Magazine cover for a film:
The magazine cover is the same concept as the poster; it must advertise the film I have created. It is likely that I will also use In Design or PhotoShop to complete these tasks. I have created a magazine cover before so I have a very good idea of the conventions and what I should add. However I will still need to do research as I did a music magazine last year, not a film magazine. (10 marks)

Finally, I must compile a blog documenting all of my research, planning and practical work. I will start my research by researching into what a teaser trailer is and it's primary purpose. This blog is worth 40 marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment